It’s that time when I add up mileage from the previous year. Here are a few thoughts from a weary traveler…
– Salad is meant to be eaten at a table.
– You can never have too many cell phone chargers. (They are cheapest at Big Lots and will probably last till you lose them).
– There are two kinds of gas stations; neither have nice restrooms.
– There is nothing like endless miles in a car that brings out the side of me that eats gummy bears and sour patch kids alternately.
– There is a Golden Corral in Johnson City. The Sunday afternoon staff knows us by name.
– Hotel work out rooms are never what they look like in the photos.
– If you are going to pack your curling iron while it’s still hot, you have to live with the consequences.
– Always pack your unmentionables first. It is really a bummer to get where you were going without them.
– Rented books on CD from Cracker Barrel are a great way to pass the time. And losing one CD from each book is a great way to waste money.
– You don’t get to keep the rental car. That’s okay. You probably won’t want to. You know…by the time you wreck it and all…